May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Global warming nazis.

So this disgusting video came to my attention today. I thought I would post it along with an outrageous comment by someone in support of it and my reply to get it out of my system...so read if you want.
(I can't bring myself to watch the blowing up part [it was described to me] so I don't know what it's like exactly--just be warned it's on there.)








Comment from a viewer:
             "So I'm guessing none of these people has ever gone to see an overly violent comedy or action film at the theaters huh? Gimme a break! I'm so outraged...whatever!
maybe they should have shown those kids melting from record high temperatures, or dying of thirst because of extended droughts...hmmm, would that be outrageous?
yeah - it was little over the top, but I bet most of those outraged people see more violence than this in the movies every week."


My reply:

            "Ok, I just had to reply, sorry. The way I see it is 1) Depicting kids "melting from record high temperatures" or "dying of thirst because of extended droughts" is very different from depicting someone deliberately BLOWING PEOPLE UP BECAUSE they don't agree to bow to your agenda. Very different. Nazis, anyone? Does this video mean they were serious about carrying that out? No, [not necessarily :P ] but this is in extremely poor taste.

2) You say, "I'm guessing none of these people have ever gone to see an overly violent comedy or action film at the theaters?" And there I can agree with you in a sense, [that it would be hypocritical of said people]... I for one hate excessive violence in movies, it is in my personal opinion, disgusting, desensitizing and at the very least extremely unnecessary; can't understand why some people think it is fine.
I don't write this to taunt you-just bringing some things up. Thank you for reading."




I hate bad logic.


1 comment:

  1. It was a bit much. I missed the point completely. I thought it was making fun of those promoting the global warming theory and how fanatical they can be. I didn't get it that it was meant to be the complete opposite. So in the end, it was violent and not well thought out.

    ReplyDelete