May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

Saturday, October 9, 2010

why I don't do haunted houses etc.

disclaimer: I'm writing this from a christian perspective and don't mean to tell people what to do, that's their choice.
I feel as though people think I'm a prude. But I can't help what goes on in my spirit when things like this come up. I claim to be a Christian and I feel haunted houses and most of what comes with halloween is based on death, evil, and the categorizing of said things as entertaining. This is a contradiction I can't resolve.
the same goes for movies with this content. Any kind of zombie, bloody, slasher/survivor movie or video game makes me ill. I don't simply mean that it's not my thing. I mean that it disturbs me. It disturbs me that someone could put these things in their mind and claim to be a Christian. What do you honestly have to do to your mind before it just doesn't recognize horror violence and gore as disturbing? I don't think you need to "try it out" to find out if it's not good. Go to a christian review website like pluggedin.com and be warned there.  

Thanks that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment